I've been nominated for The Liebster Award by Maria Savva. (Click her hame in order to read Maria's fascinating post)
Here are the rules:
1. When you receive the award nomination, post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
2. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that they have been nominated!)
3. Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
4. Of course, do not nominate the blog of the one who nominated your blog!
5. Paste the award picture onto your blog. (You can Google the image; there are plenty of them!)
Here goes! 11 random things to know about me:
1. When a baby, I fell out of the car and rolled downhill a bit. That explains a lot!
2. I am ambidextrous, in a way...write with left hand; play sports with right.
3. I was our local swim coach for two college-time summers.
4. During a freak snowstorm in Washington, D.C., the traffic snarled; it took me 7 hours to walk from work to home. I was wearing clogs.
5. On a 3 month sabbatical out West to 'find myself,' I forgot to take a compass reading & got lost in Canyonlands National Park, Utah's most remote Park.
6. In the mountains outside of Santa Fe, NM, I went skinny dipping in a remote hot springs. I was not alone!
7. Some years ago, a psychic told me that writing was something that I could do well, if I got out of my own way.
8. My hair used to be long, below my shoulder blades; I cut my own now...short!
9. The bottom tendon of the middle toe of my right foot got cut when I was 16, running along the banks of the Suwannee River. It still 'shoots its own bird.'
10. In Washington, D.C., driving home late one night, a dude jumped spread-eagled into the road sans clothes. I'd have hit him if he hadn't jumped out of the way in time.
11. I am rarely without a book, wherever I go; nor without my 4G phone.
Here are the answers to the questions asked of me by Maria:
1. My earliest memory: Riding a tricycle on the sidewalk-such freedom!
2. Favorite food: Asian flatbread with chicken & wild salad greens, spicy peanut sauce.
3. Country I want to visit: The U.K. My dad served there in WWII. He died when I was 3; I was named after the daughter of a British family that befriended him.
4. Song that makes me cry: Bette Midler's The Wind Beneath My Wings; Basia's The Gift
5. Favorite color: Blue of the sky; various shades in the ocean, lakes and seas.
6. Know a foreign language: No, though I do love accents and I enjoy making up my own words, like 'ed-u-ma-cate.'
7. What famous person would I interview on my blog? Pema Chodron. Not so famous to many yet her story is 'everywoman' in a way. How she recovered from emotional devastation intrigues me; she's so down to earth..humorous..a great mentor.
8. What do I want to do before I die? There are a few cyber friends that I'd like to have coffee or tea with; chat face to face.
9. Breakfast: A USANA protein shake..chocolate! Eggs & sausage for dinner!
10. Twitter or Facebook? Both! Tw is easier & faster; FB more fun to share pics.
11. Favorite type music: Gotta' have diversity-jazz, classical, pop, alternative, new age.
Because I am a curious person, I wanted to learn more about a few people whose blogs I enjoy:
Arleen Alleman, Nikki Barnabee, Gerri Bowen, Joan P. Lane, Sonia Marsh, Flick Merauld, Micki Peluso, Diane Rapp, Jan Romes, JT Therrien, and Ben Woodard.
I do hope that your busy schedules can allow time for your acceptance of this award!
Here are your questions:
1. What is the first book that you can remember reading?
2. Did you ever have a nickname?
3. What is the most favorite thing that you did when a kid?
4. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
5. Do you have an unusual or interesting habit?
6. If you could have a chat with someone you do not know, who would this be?
7. Describe your ideal bookcase.
8. What is your favorite spot in which to read?
9. What is the most interesting vacation you've ever had?
10. Do you have a bucket list? Share one with us.
11. Complete the sentence: 'I wish______________________________.'